Friday, November 16, 2012

Week of November 19, 2012

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Although I am exhausted at the end of each day,  I never feel like I "work" a day in my life.  I love coming in to work with such special students each day and feel blessed to have such incredible coworkers.  I have a wonderful family, amazing boyfriend, adorable dogs, and a lazy, sweet lizard.  Life doesn't get any better! :)  I hope you all share your thanks this week and enjoy a delicious meal(s) with your loved ones.  Happy Thanksgiving!

There is NO SCHOOL on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 11/21-11/23.
Here is our short, upcoming week in a nutshell:

MATH
There is a CYP covering chapter 4; lessons 7-12 on Tuesday, 11/20.  The chapter 4 test is on Tuesday, 11/27.  A x3 test will be Friday, 11/30.

HOMEROOM
The only day we have regular classes is on Monday due to our field trip on Tuesday.  Students have a chapter 4 SCIENCE test on Monday, 11/19.
For the field trip, students should dress accordingly.  Much of the field trip is outside.  A maximum of $10.00 could be brought for shopping purposes after lunch.  Please send your child with a snack.  We will be stopping at Prince Pond for a short break to snack since our lunch is not until 12:00.  

Next week, students will be taking the Downers Grove Modern Day test on Friday, 11/30.  
We will also be starting a new Science unit on matter (chapter 11).

I'll repost another message to include more reading and spelling details next week.
Have a wonderful week!

Elizabeth Ide Library

Our new space is amazing!  We are working hard to emulate what our students might see at their public libraries - front facing books that a...