Thursday, October 10, 2019

Elizabeth Ide Library


Our new space is amazing!  We are working hard to emulate what our students might see at their public libraries - front facing books that are categorized to help our readers find just what they are looking for.

In the library we have two focuses:  reading and SEL.  Our stations are designed to allow students to practice working together, explore technology and support what they are learning in the classroom.

We focus on book care rules, digital citizenship, internet safety, finding good fit books, parts of a book, and sharing books of different genres.

We are excited to pair up with Indian Prairie Public Library this year to provide our students with even more exposure to various technologies and STEAM activities.

Community members will be invited to connect our books to the world surrounding our students.  Last year, we had Mrs. Saleh present Middle Eastern culture, Elizabeth Gerlach, author of Ben's Adventures share her experience as an author, Officer Hruby with his K-9 officer Niko demonstrate how helpful animals can be, and Dr. Radwanski from Argonne Animal Hospital show our students pet care.


Here are a few things that may come up throughout the year:


Has my child returned their book?
If at any time, you are wondering if your student has returned his/her book, you can contact me. 
Eventually, I will teach students how to access that information online and will send information
about that at a later date.


What if I return Elizabeth Ide books to the public library?  (It happens!)
The books will eventually find their way back into our hands.


What if the book is lost/damaged?  (It happens!)
You can contact me and I will let you know what the replacement fee is so we can get the book back
on the shelf.


What if I want to volunteer in the library? (Because it is so much fun in the library!)
Reach out to me and I will get a form to you!


Ok, so how do I contact you?

You can email me at rhendron@ccsd66.org.  This is the best way to reach me and I will always reply
promptly.






Second graders helped kindergartners find good fit books and work together at stations.


Elizabeth Ide Library

Our new space is amazing!  We are working hard to emulate what our students might see at their public libraries - front facing books that a...